Plein Air Painting - Lake George

Peter Buchan Plein Air Painting Lake George Landscape Memorial Day 2009 8"x16" Oil on panel - work in progress Peter Buchan, 2009

When I paint outside, people inevitably come by to see what I'm doing. Today was no exception, but the people this time were children. I'd glance over my shoulder, and there'd be one, then two little boys, sitting on a bench, just watching. Even the smallest, shyest little girl found her way up to me, asking her mom to talk for her. She wanted her mom to buy my painting for her.

Whatever joy I get from painting, I was unprepared for the joy I felt from connecting with these little ones. They reminded me, with their innocence and fascination, how I want to be like them - to see the world through their eyes.

Comments

JLejuez said…
Any pieces for sale? Feel free to e-mail @ jonathan.lejuez@gmail.com

Popular Posts