Veteran Lure (Antique Bass Oreno)

Peter Buchan oil painting Veteran Lure Antique Bass Oreno Veteran Lure (Antique Bass Oreno) 5"x7" oil on canvas panel, Peter Buchan 2005 I love still life paintings, especially when they consist of nostalgic items. A friend gave me an old tackle box, full of old lures and hooks, and this old South Bend Bass Oreno. My thoughts went back to a week long vacation in Wisconsin I took one summer with friends. My buddy Don had one of these lures made of plastic, and was very fond of Bass Orenos, especially the originals that were made of wood. He lost his lure on that trip, struggling with an especially strong Northern Pike we suspect. I enjoyed working on this painting, and look forward to including it on another still life - as soon as I can get my hands on an old duck decoy!

Comments

Popular Posts